The start of the new year often fires up writers with their desire to get something published, but finding ideas can be a little difficult. Well, a great way to get the creative juices flowing is to draw upon any interesting anniversaries that are coming up in the next twelve months, which include:
- 60 years ago on April 5th, Winston Churchill resigned as Prime Minister.
- 150 years ago on April 15th, Abraham Lincoln was assassinated.
- 70 years ago on May 8th was VE Day.
- 40 years ago on June 18th the first North Sea oil was pumped ashore.
- 80 years ago on June 1st the driving test became compulsory for all new drivers in the UK.
- 50 years ago on July 8th, Ronnie Biggs escaped from Wandsworth prison.
- 30 years ago on September 1st, the remains of Titanic were located in the North Atlantic.
- 150 years ago on 30th December, Rudyard Kipling was born.
For a wealth of other anniversaries, check out the full list available from Expert Sources at: http://www.expertsources.co.uk/anniversaries.php
And a bit of self-promotion here - the publisher of my writing books (Photography for Writers, The Positively Productive Writer) are currently selling the Kindle versions for 99p this month. If you haven’t bought them already, then now is a good time to get your hands on a copy.
The Positively Productive Writer: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Positively-Productive-Writer-Simon-Whaley/dp/1846948517/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420382459&sr=1-5&keywords=simon+whaley
Photography for Writers: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compass-Points-Photography-Writers-photos/dp/1780999356/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1420382459&sr=1-3&keywords=simon+whaley
Happy New Year … and may 2015 be creatively prosperous for you all.