Friday, 18 December 2009

Just Back

I know I've been back from the Lake District for nearly a week now, but this week's blog posting actually refers to a slot in the weekend Telegraph newspaper. Called "Just back", the Telegraph refers to it as a 'Travel Writing Competition'.

For those of you who've followed this blog for a while now, it's reminiscent of the Observer's 'Crap Holiday' slot. The 'prize' for this slot though, is a little better than the Observer's first aid kit. Pen the winning entry and you could receive £200 spending money in the currency of your choice.

Your piece can be no longer than 500 words, and entries have to be made by email to justback@telegraph.co.uk. To be in with a chance for the weekend's slot, the entry has to be submitted by midnight on the Wednesday before.

As always, read a few to get the style of what they are looking for, and this is easily done on their website. Just visit http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-writing-competition/

Seeing as Christmas is a time when many people are traveling, why not see what you can come up with? Yes, I'm setting you another challenge. Last year, my blog followers managed to fill the Observer's Crap Holiday slot for four weeks out of a period of six, so let's see what we can do with the Telegraph's Just Back slot then.

Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know about this competition. I've just thought up a great idea to enter!

    This is my first comment on your blog but I've been reading it for a few weeks now. I'm glad you had a constructive holiday. Are you working much over Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Telegraph next to me open at that very page as I read your blog. How funny. Thanks for the prompt though. I really must get writing instead of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, Simon. Have sent off my entry ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I got to your page via Rob Innes! I'm very new at this so I'm still finding my feet, but you site looks great!

    ReplyDelete