Monday, 15 June 2009

Independent Booksellers Week

Here in the UK it's Independent Bookseller week, this week, so if you have an independent bookshop in your local town, then pop in and see what's going on.

As you can see from the picture, I've done my bit in my local bookshop already this week, signing books today. (Just mine - I hasten to add!)

But up and down the country, authors are supporting their local bookshops by selling books, standing behind the tills, taking customer orders or just offering tea and coffee.

Independent bookshops can find it difficult to compete on price against the major bookselling chains and websites like Amazon, however, they are able to offer a more individual service, with many regularly running author events, book clubs and book launches.

To find your nearest store taking part in this event click here.

Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. You do realise that you have made me pine for Wenlock Books now and I am going to go there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete